Following the horrific attack at a music concert in Manchester on May 22nd 2017, the 'Manchester Bee' is being proudly displayed the world over as a symbol of solidarity and unity.
I wanted to do something, however small, to help - so all proceeds from the sale of these bee necklaces will be donated to the Manchester Evening News appeal - details below:
"We have been assured by the British Red Cross that every penny raised by our fund will go to the families of those affected by Monday’s terrible attack. It will form part of the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund, launched by Manchester City Council and British Red Cross. Together we can make the greatest impact to help people affected by this devastating attack. Manchester City Council and British Red Cross both have experience in administering funds in emergencies and we want to make sure people get the help they need as soon as possible"
Why do this? Well some of the best times of my life have been in Manchester, at gigs. I was in Paris in November 2015 at a concert, a few days before the Bataclan attack. I was also in London on Saturday night at a gig, at the same time that London Bridge was under attack. This *really* hit home for me. Nobody should go to a concert, and not return home, ever. The families of those killed and injured are irrevocably changed. I hope they at least know that they are in our thoughts.
The little bee charm is Tibetan silver, with yellow and black enamelling - I can pair this with a heart or a bow, or just simply on its own, hanging from either a silver plated chain in your choice of length, or a stretch choker.
Please be sure that every penny from each necklace sold will be donated directly to the Crowdfunder appeal. Postage costs will not be donated, however they are my standard charges, which accurately reflect both domestic and international shipping - I will not be making a profit on this.
We stand together.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
1. INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION & HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by initiating contact*;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
* I do not have a mailing list, either current or historical. I will only ever contact you post-purchase in relation to the specific order concerned, or in direct response to contact initiated by you.
3. INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU. I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
5. HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Emma Baker (known as Flo Nightingale), am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may email me at: email@example.com
Alternately, you may write to me at:
70 Langton Court Road, St Annes, Bristol, BS4 4EQ, United Kingdom.